Sunday 9 May 2010

"I digress, pt:1" Those that can't do, teach, those that can't teach, teach teachers. But those that CAN teach? Don't, and won't. They'll show you how they learned over and over again, as many times as they need until you learn for yourself :)

This began as an attempt to answer the wave of confusion spawned by the birth of my (apres '89) generation of horror children. Terrifying hoody wearing fear inducing yobs. Made only more terrifying by the fact that a lot of us appear to be as intelligent as we are deviant.

Though to be honest, if someone walked up to me and told me George W. Bush had a brain I'd be pretty damn scared... For the split second it takes for me to remember the fact that nobody ends up being the governing force of an entire nation by being stupid anywhere. Period/ But pretending does the job quiiite nicely!

Anyway I went on one of my famous tangents that was a more convenient place to begin the story anyway (obviously the middle) and set the tone to thank some helping hands along the way. Simply for knowing how to teach, and for defying bureaucracy. In teaching us life rather than "this exam board said remember that" we danced through their silly little hoops anyway.

Many thanks the likes of;
Donna Amoah,
Verrol Tomlinson,
Mr Downton(LAD, legend, magician, and the first adult I ever met that still had childlike curiosity in their eyes.)
Mr Regan(LAD of LADs)
Mr McCann(inconceivable combination of soft spoken and mild mannered with an unspoken yet well established command over the arts of LAD and BANTER! All I know is, I politely request your well established secret to walking through walls, as I have already deciphered the remainder of the triad, "hiding in plain sight" and "overcoming non-compliant belligerence, the psychological fight or flight AKA "wtf? That is NOT a word..." Cruel, but amusing. Oh and funnily enough he is now quite the opposite of hirsute) 
Mrs McCann, (Sheer coincidence as far as I know)
Ms Telo, and all those who taught because they really did find pleasure in teaching a mind how to pursue its own course of growth.

Oh and do you know what, I drop a line just to separate my recognition and appreciation for this MONUMENTAL act that defies the characteristics of both adults and teachers to unfathomable proportions, superseded only by the events of may 6th thank you VERY much Mr. "I never want to be a bouncyball again" Spellman for the day you called me aside to tell me that you were wrong and that you intended to change.

Mr Gerry German can never be forgotten either. for his movement is the one that, I hope, will turn us from the  menacing "wrong" generation to... Quite simply, the generation that said "No."

No comments:

Post a Comment